A methi recipe main ingredient, as the name suggests, is methi leaves.
In English, these are called as fenugreek leaves.
These are mildly bitter and are a rich source of
carbohydrates, calcium and iron.
Unique taste and health values are
among the traits of a methi recipe.
When can you buy methi leaves? These are usually available in
the winter season.
leaves are said to aid in the management of diabetes.
A research study found that fenugreek leaves can reduce the lipid
You can easily grow methi
leaves in a
using pesticides. The advantage is you get to use fresh and organic
methi leaves whenever you want to.
Here are the steps
to grow methi
, in the blog.
Some of the methi recipe in the
rice delicacies category includes methi
, methi sambar
and vangi bhath using
research study found that a fenugreek fiber product reduced
seeds may help in the management of diabetes.3
to Pick and
Clean Methi Leaves?
methi leaves may contain dirt, worms, pesticides and other
unwanted items, the leaves have to be thoroughly cleaned before using
Pick the Methi Leaves
1. Snip leaves and tender branches with leaves only, from each methi
plant, and add it to a big utensil or tub
2. Discard the leaves which are wilted and yellow
3. Discard the root and matured branches
Remove the Dirt
1. Add water to the utensil. Ensure the leaves float.
2. Set aside for about 5 minutes
3. Stir and shake the leaves and branches to
separate the dirt from them. The dirt will settle at the bottom,
after the water becomes still.
the leaves. You will see the dirt at the bottom of the utensil.
5. Discard the contents of the utensil
6. Repeat Steps 1-5 till there is no dirt at the bottom of the 6.
Repeat Steps 1-5 till there is no dirt at the bottom of the utensil
Remove the Pesticide
1. Add water to a utensil
2. Add a few teaspooons of salt or as much salt, depending on the
quantity of leaves. Mix.
3. Add leaves. Mix
4. Keep aside for about 15 minutes
5. Remove the leaves from the water
Methi leaves are ready to use.
If you have been making only the traditional
chapati, you may want to try methi
or methi chapati. The first is a
traditional Gujarati dish.
Whatever cuisine you choose to
make from methi leaves, one thing would be for sure: you can benefit
from the medicinal properties of these leaves.
Here are a few methi recipes: